Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hope

I took my grandmother shopping this past Saturday and it has stayed with me.  Not because it was necessarily a remarkable trip as shopping goes.  It was a textbook case of hope on display.

It's Spring, of course, so many stores are deeply discounting their winter clothing.  My grandmother was shopping the sale rack, looking at fleece winter tops.  She's 89.  She's obviously counting on another winter.  That struck me and is still making me think.

I hope to do more travelling than I have in the past few years.  Over the next few years, I want to do a few Europe trips and a Central America trip. My grandmother is hoping for at least one more winter.  I suppose my hope shouldn't be any different than that - or simpler, perhaps - hopeful for a tomorrow and time to wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment