Sunday, October 10, 2010

Gnocchi Restaurant

This past Tuesday night was a friend's birthday so that meant dinner out.  We headed to 3rd and Passyunk (just near South Street as Passyunk runs diagonally) and went to her choice - Gnocchi.  Of course, when in Gnocchi, I ate gnocchis.  (Does one pluralize this word?  Does a person eat gnocchi or gnocchis?)

The restaurant has been around for awhile and my friend had been there before for the "best gnocchis (she's) ever had."  They were good; apparently they're homemade daily.  Mine came with a light red sauce and beets.  May sound strange but it was very good.  Each gnocchi was small and had good texture.

Gnocchi doesn't seem to have its own website.  I know that because I wanted to check out the menu before we went but I couldn't find the restaurant's site so I had to use menupages.com.  I also read some reviews on yelp.com.  There were definitely some unfavorable ones.  Several concerns were regarding various aspects of service.  My party and a party of two were the only patrons during the time we ordered.  The meals took extraordinarily long to come out.  I can't imagine what it would be like on a Saturday night, unless the kitchen has a lot more help.

I recommend Gnocchi if you're in the Queen Village section of Philly.  Of course, try the gnocchis...on a weeknight.

No comments:

Post a Comment